Sunday, November 3, 2013

An Artful Halloween

Hey Sisters!

How was everyone's Halloween? Kira and Indigo, I know you spent Halloween together at CU... so you best be sharing about that!

I didn't go out or do anything special for Halloween. Working retail during the holiday season gets you too pooped to go out and do anything, but I rocked out some cool makeup! My two looks were Avatar and Sally from A Nightmare Before Christmas.

To prepare for these looks I watched some Youtube videos to see how some makeup artists have created them previously.

My favorite video for the Avatar look was by Promise

And here's my Avatar!


Creating the look is really fun and easy to do! It seems really complicated, but if you're good at painting and shading it will be a sinch.

I mixed blue, white and teal paint from Makeup Forever's Flash Palette to create the blue base color for the face.

Black gel eye liner from Bobbi Brown to paint on the stripes. Then the white paint from MUFE Flash Palette, and Illamasqua blush in Naked Rose for the cheeks and nose.

On my lips I wore Urban Decay lipstick in Liar. BTW, those lipsticks are THE BOMB. Long wear, creamy and hydrating. Get some.

Sally's look was a little more complicated because her eyes are really character-like and big. You actually have to close your eyes to see her eyes! Get it? Promise helped me out again for this look.

I mixed white paint from Krylon and a little bit of the teal color from the MUFE Flash Palette on my face and neck. On the eyes I used white to contrast with the face.

I used Marc Jacobs liquid eyeliner to make all the outlining and stitches, and multiple blue colors from the Sephora Disney Ariel Palette. And on the lips, Hourglass lipstick in Iconic.

Sally was really fun to be! But if I were to do the look over again I would have painted her eyes up a little further on my head my real eyelashes would be the base of her eye. Oh well, for next time!

I wanted to paint Tim's face as a skeleton so we could be Sally and Jack for Halloween and hit up a bar or something, but he was a CHICKEN! He said I looked too scary and he didn't even want to kiss me!

It's funny to see a 6'4", buff, bearded face, tough looking guy be afraid of a little face paint. I guess I just looked too realistic!

Sister love,
Kianna


No comments:

Post a Comment