Monday, November 11, 2013

DIY: Home is...

Hello Sisters!

I woke up Sunday morning and felt crafty. Do you ever get that feeling where you need to do something with your hands or the day won't feel complete? It hits me pretty often so I decided to do something about it.

I had an extra canvas lying around that I purchased over a year ago for a project I had in mind for my wedding. Clearly, that project didn't happen, but this one did! I decided since the canvas was meant for the wedding, that I'd use lyrics from Matt and I's song, "Home" by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros.

I grabbed the canvas, a black sharpie and a pencil and went to work.


^^^ I took the pencil and drew/wrote the lyrics, "Home is wherever I'm with you"^^^


^^^ I stood the canvas up and made a few more tweaks since having it straight in front of you is a better perspective ^^^


^^^ Ta da! Finished. I placed pictures of our wedding day and my bouquet underneath. ^^^


^^^ Here's another pic, just because.^^^^

The whole thing took me about 30 minutes total. I scratched my itch to do something crafty and gave my little wall an update. I'm not sure I'll keep it there since the proportions of the cubby and canvas seem a little out of whack. But it's good for now and makes me and matt smile. Sunday is now complete.

Sister Love,

Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment