Wednesday, November 27, 2013

SOTM

Hello Sisters, 

This time of year always brings upon many reflections. The holidays bring about this nostalgic feeling of family and life and all crazy, sad, happy in between. Right now, in particular, my grandmother (my mom's mom) is on my mind. I had a special connection with her and for me, around the holidays, her physical passing and the void left feels much greater. I wish so badly she could hold Thomas.

For whatever reason, this song resonates with the feeling of right now. The lyrics are sad and yet the music feels happy. Well it progresses as though things are getting better. It's as though he remembers a time passed but knows there are happier times now and to be had. 

Blood, by The Middle East


Sister Love, 
Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment